05 Jun New Emergency Grants available for Kennewick Small Businesses
Thursday, June 4, the City of Kennewick released the following statement regarding a new emergency grant available to Kennewick Small Businesses. Applications will be available HERE beginning Tuesday, June 9.
Applications will only be accepted Tuesday June, 9 thru Thursday, June 11.
See below for the full release from the City of Kennewick.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
DATE: June 4, 2020
Microenterprise Emergency Grants for Kennewick’s Small Businesses
Kennewick, Wash. – Up to 29 grants of up to $10,000 each are available to eligible microenterprises operating in the City of Kennewick. Grants are funded by the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, as allocated to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program. Businesses meeting the criteria and operating within the city limits of Kennewick are eligible to apply.
Mercy Corps Northwest, on behalf of the City of Kennewick, will be administering $290,000 in grants to microenterprises (businesses with 5 or fewer employees, including the owner).
Application Period: June 9th – 9am to June 11th – 5pm
- For-profit business consisting of 5 or fewer employees, including the owner.
- Business owner(s) with low-moderate household income (LMI), not to exceed 80% of median household income for Benton County.
- City of Kennewick business license for a commercial location or food-based vehicle operating within the city limits.
- Have experienced a decrease in revenue as a result of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- Have not received any other financial assistance in the form of grants, subsidized loans, insurance, or reimbursement.
- In operation for 1 year or longer.
- Valid Social Security Number or Employer Identification Number, business bank account to receive ACH funds, and business tax return and financial documentation
More information and the application (beginning June 9) are available here.
For additional information, please contact Alisha Piper, Community Development Coordinator
509-585-4432 or email@example.com